Graduate Council (GRAD)
Graduate Council is responsible for reviewing and approving new programs for existing graduate academic degrees, the establishment of new degrees, and any substantial change in existing programs. It also recommends policy and regulations for the Coordinating Committee on Graduate Affairs (CCGA); advises the Chancellor and Graduate Dean concerning graduate academic and postdoctoral matters; and conducts regularly scheduled reviews of existing graduate programs. This committee also regulates graduate academic programs within the San Francisco Division with a view to the promotion of research and learning.
UCSF Faculty in the Adjunct, Clinical X, Health Sciences Clinical, In-Residence, and Ladder-Rank series are eligible to be appointed.
13 members, meets monthly for two hours.
|October 21, 2021||Zoom||Thursday||2:30 - 4:30 pm|
|November 18, 2021||Zoom||Thursday||2:30 - 4:30 pm|
|December 16, 2021||Zoom||Thursday||2:30 - 4:30 pm|
|January 20, 2022||Zoom||Thursday||2:30 - 4:30 pm|
|February 17, 2022||Zoom||Thursday||2:30 - 4:30 pm|
|March 17, 2022||Zoom||Thursday||2:30 - 4:30 pm|
|April 21, 2022||Zoom||Thursday||2:30 - 4:30 pm|
|May 19, 2022||Zoom||Thursday||2:30 - 4:30 pm|
|June 16, 2022||Zoom||Thursday||2:30 - 4:30 pm|
|July 21, 2022||Zoom||Thursday||2:30 - 4:30 pm|
|R. Dyche Mullins, PhD, Chair, Ladder Rank, Full, Cmp (cellular Molecular Pha), (M) EMAIL||09/01/2021 - 08/31/2022|
|Bjoern Schwer, MD, PhD, Vice Chair, In Residence, Assistant, Neurological Surgery, (M)||09/01/2021 - 08/31/2022|
|Annette Carley, RN, DNP, NP, HS Clinical, Full, Fhcn-Administration, (N)||09/01/2021 - 08/31/2024|
|Xin Chen, PhD, In Residence, Full, Bioengineering, (P)||09/01/2017 - 08/31/2022|
|Susan Fisher, PhD, Ladder Rank, Full, Obgyn, Reproductive Sciences, (M)||09/01/2021 - 08/31/2022|
|Andrei Goga, MD, PhD, Ladder Rank, Full, Cell And Tissue Biology, (D)||09/01/2019 - 08/31/2022|
|Carisa Harris-Adamson, PhD, In Residence, Associate, Medicine, (M)||09/01/2017 - 08/31/2022|
|Deanna Kroetz, PhD, Ladder Rank, Full, Bioengineering, (P)||09/01/2020 - 08/31/2023|
|Maxence Nachury, PhD, In Residence, Full, Ophthalmology, (M)||09/01/2021 - 08/31/2024|
|Todd Nystul, PhD, Ladder Rank, Associate, Anatomy, (M)||09/01/2019 - 08/31/2022|
|Bethany Phoenix, RN, PhD, FAAN, HS Clinical, Full, Chs-Administration, (N)||09/01/2021 - 08/31/2023|
|Oren Rosenberg, MD, PhD, In Residence, Associate, Medicine, (M)||09/01/2021 - 08/31/2024|
|Youngho Seo, PhD, In Residence, Full, Radiology, (M)||09/01/2021 - 08/31/2024|
Ex Officio Members
|Elizabeth Silva, Ex Officio, Adjunct, Assistant, Social Behavioral Sciences, (N)||01/01/2016 - 08/31/2025|
|Zara Weinberg, PhD, Ex Officio, (M)||02/18/2021 - 08/31/2022|
|Doug Carlson, JD, Permanent Guest||10/15/2012 - 08/31/2025|
Documents of Interest
• CCGA Handbook Cover Letter
• CCGA Handbook August 2016
• IRAP (Institutional Research and Academic Planning) Status of Academic Program Proposals.
• Academic Program Review: Compendium: Universitywide Review Processes for Academic Programs, Academic Units, & Research Units - September 2014
• Academic Program Review: Graduate Council and Graduate Division.
• For more information about Graduate Degree Program Reviews, please contact the Graduate Division.
• Report of the Taskforce on Competitiveness in Academic Graduate Student Support.
• UCSF Graduate Division Academic Programs.
• UCSF Graduate Division Organization Chart.
• University of California Graduate Degree Program Proposal Review Process. (Flowchart)
• Appendix B- Format for Graduate Degree Program Proposal
• Diversity Requirement for CCGA Proposals
• SSGPDP Guidelines
• Appendix II Regulations and Procedures of the Graduate Council.
• CCGA White Paper on the Value of UC as a Graduate Research Institution.