UCSF Academic Senate Distinguished Service Award
The UCSF Academic Senate Distinguished Service Award is given out to one member of the UCSF Senate faculty at the Associate or Full Professor level who has demonstrated outstanding and creative services with a lasting and significant impact on the excellence of shared governance at UCSF, exceptional abilities in collaborating with the university’s many diverse stakeholders, and a sustained excellence and promise in serving the UCSF Academic Senate. This award carries a small honorarium of $1,500 from the UCSF Academic Senate’s Chancellors Fund and is presented at the last Division meeting of the academic year as recognition of service to the UCSF academic community.
The award is designed to recognize one UCSF faculty member who has demonstrated:
- Sustained excellence and promise in serving the UCSF Academic Senate.
- Outstanding and creative service with a lasting and significant impact on the excellence of shared governance at UCSF.
- Exceptional abilities in collaborating with the university’s many and diverse stakeholders.
An outstanding contribution is not defined simply as having served on a large number of Senate Committees, although such may be one of the factors. It is defined as service which leads to the betterment of the academic and/or personal lives of large segments of the University community in a meaningful and impactful way. See APM 210.4.d (4) University and Public service
Faculty at the Associate or Full Professor level in the Ladder Rank, In Residence, Clinical X, Health Science Clinical, and Adjunct series with service on at least 3 Academic Senate committees (including special task forces and faculty council) and who are still active are eligible.
UCSF Faculty in the Ladder Rank, In Residence, Clinical X, Health Science Clinical, and Adjunct series may nominate and write letters of support for UCSF faculty being nominated for the Senate Service Award.
Requirements for Nomination Packet:
- Download the Nomination Form.
- Nomination letter from the nominating faculty not to exceed 2 pages.
- The letter of support should be a comprehensive summary of the quality and accomplishments of the nominee towards shared governance at UCSF. The letter should focus on the scope and impact of their Senate service efforts and should detail what sets them apart from other faculty, such as philosophy, objectives, or impact.
- Nominee’s current curriculum vitae.
- Login to the Academic Senate Service Portal (SSP), select Awards/Nominate Faculty in the directory and submit the nomination packet as a single PDF document.
Nominations ends 4:00pm, Friday, May 12, 2023. Nominator will be notified if nomination packet is incomplete. Deadline must still be met.
Additional question can be address to Joey Cheng (firstname.lastname@example.org) Committee Analyst.