Academic Senate Travel Grants For New and Junior Faculty
The Academic Senate Committee on Research Travel Grants are available to assist new and junior faculty attend and present important results of original research meetings of learned societies or organized conferences.
January 1st through March 31st
April 1st through June 30th
July 1st through September 30th
October 1st through December 31st
- UCSF faculty appointment at 50% or greater with five years or less at UCSF.
- Applications must be submitted at least two weeks prior to your planned travel.
- Award is for airfare, conference registration, and/or hotel only up to $500.00.
- Applicants may receive one grant in any one-year (12 month) period.
Faculty members may use the State Airfare Travel program if it will result in a lower airfare rate. http://controller.ucsf.edu/travel/.
Travel reimbursement must be submitted through MyExpense. Instructions will be included in the award letter. This action will officially close out your grant with the Academic Senate and allow eligibility for future Travel Grants.
Application Process: Incomplete applications cannot be processed and will be returned.
- Download the Travel Grant Application Form from the Academic Senate website.
- Complete applications must be sent as a PDF and include:
- Signatures of both the applicant and the Department Chair,
- Faculty appointment date,
- Confirmed flight reservation/ticket purchase including the total amount of airfare cost.
- Confirmed hotel reservation including total amount of hotel cost
- Conference registration
- Documentation of invitation, or letter of acceptance to present original research OR for conference attendance, a copy of conference announcement/invitations which includes information about the learned society and dates which match dates for which travel has been requested.
- Submit the PDF forms to Kenneth Laslavic.
- Notification of approval or denial will be received by email.