Faculty Writing Support Fund
Committee on Library and Scholarly Communication
How To Apply
- 1. Faculty Learning and Development: SOD, SOM, SON and SOP School Faculty Councils.
- 2. COVID-19 Recovery Fund:
- 3. Conference Registration Grants in Education and Research: Educational Curriculum, Research and Professional Meeting. Sponsored by Committees on Educational Policy and Research.
- 4. Faculty Writing Support Fund: Assist faculty who need financial support in their writing, publication, and scholarly communication activities. Sponsored by Committee on Library and Scholarly Communication.
- Steps for all Chancellor's Fund applications
Amount: Up to $500 maximum per award (only one award per individual)
Total Amount in Fund: $10,000
Key Dates: Applications will be accepted until the fund is depleted. Applications will be accepted, reviewed and funding awarded on a rolling basis, first accepted as of March 20, 2023
Description: The Faculty Writing Support Fund is intended to assist faculty who need financial support in their writing, publication, and scholarly communication activities.Eligible expenses:
- Editing services
- Writing consultation services
- Writing or scholarly communication class attendance
- UCSF Faculty in any series (Clinical X, In Residence, Ladder Rank, Adjunct, and Health Sciences Clinical) and at all ranks (Assistant, Associate, Full Professor), at any percentage of effort, are eligible to apply.
- Priority will be given to junior faculty and faculty for whom English is a second language.
- Applicants should be a first author or contribute to a substantial amount of writing.
- Applicants can apply for funding for reimbursement of past expenses spent for writing and editing services since January 2023. Provide proof of payment.
- Applicants should upload a Faculty Writing Support Fund Application Form, including the applicant’s information, a budget request and short budget justification (no more than one paragraph). Successful applicants will be expected to provide proof of payment.
- Upload and submit your Faculty Writing Support Fund Application Form and supporting documents via the Senate Service Portal.
Please click here for access to the online application in Senate Service Portal.
Contact: Sophia Root
- 1. Financial Plan – Budget Overview (2022-2023)
- 2. Highlights of Chancellor's Funds Awards.
- 3. Frequently Asked Questions
- Funding, submission rules, eligibility criteria, and other requirements are subject to change for each Chancellor's Fund cycle.
- Be sure to review the website after every “Call for Applications” is launched to learn the updates and prepare your application accordingly.