UCSF Academic Senate Committee on Research
Call for Nominations - Faculty Research Lectures
The Academic Senate Committee on Research is now accepting electronic nominations for the 2018-2019 Faculty Research Lectures.
Basic Science • Clinical Science • Translational Science
Deadline to submit application: 5:00 pm, Monday, June 4, 2018
Each year this distinction acknowledges the outstanding scientific achievements made by members of the UCSF Academic Senate in three areas:
- Clinical Science (lecture held in Fall 2018)
- Basic Science (lecture held in Winter 2019)
- Translational Science (lecture held in Spring 2019)
For these awards, the Committee on Research defines “members” as the following:
individual faculty, or teams of 2-3 faculty (all currently at UCSF).
Within these categories, the Academic Senate includes researchers from all Basic- and Clinical-focused fields, Social & Behavioral sciences, and policy-related fields of research.
Examples within Social & Behavioral Sciences and policy-related fields of research might include, but are not limited to:
- Sociology of health and illness
- Social inequalities in health/health disparities
- Tobacco control policy
- Aging and aging health policy
- Global health
Academic Senate members are asked to consider the contributions of their colleagues so that their lifetime achievements may be recognized by the University community.
A single PDF document (.PDF format) containing the following information must be received by the Academic Senate Office no later than 5pm, Monday, June 4, 2018:
- A one-page letter summarizing the most outstanding achievements of the nomineeʼs scientific career;
- A current curriculum vitae and a cover sheet that contains the nomineeʼs name, degree(s), title, department(s) and school affiliation(s);
- Three letters of support from individual UCSF faculty only; and
- Four representative reprints of the candidate’s publications. Nominations of teams of 2-3 faculty must submit reprints that include all members of the team on the publication.
- One of the nominating faculty must be available to present the candidate to the Committee on Research, at its selection meeting on Monday June 18, 2018 (3pm-5pm) on the Parnassus Campus.
- Login to the Academic Senate Service Portal to submit a nomination packet.
Previously submitted nomination packets will be reconsidered as is, as long as the nominator verifies that those providing letters of support still agree to do so.
- 1. Prepare a nomination packet.
- 2. Login to the Academic Senate Service Portal, select Awards/Nominate Faculty in the directory and submit the nomination packet.
- 3. Deadline is 5:00 pm, Monday, June 4, 2018. Nominator will be notified if nomination packet is incomplete. Deadline must still be met.
Additional questions may be addressed to Ken Laslavic, Senior Senate Analyst, at (415) 476-8827.