COVID-19 Relief Fund
Faculty Welfare Committee
How To Apply
- 1. Faculty Learning and Development: SOD, SOM, SON and SOP School Faculty Councils.
- 2. COVID-19 Relief Fund:
- 3. Conference Registration Grants: Educational Curriculum, Research and Professional Meeting. Sponsored by Committees on Educational Policy and Research.
- Steps for all Chancellor's Fund applications
Amount: Up to $500 maximum per award
Total Amount in Fund: $70,000
Proposal Due Date: April 16, 2021. No exceptions will be made.
Applicants notified of decision by end of May/early June.
The COVID Relief Fund is intended to give faculty members some relief from the financial challenges resulting from COVID.
- UCSF faculty appointment must be at 50% or greater
- Awards are limited to $500.
Applicants must submit a PDF with a brief statement (1-2 paragraphs) explaining how COVID adversely impacted them. The Committee on Faculty Welfare will use these statements to understand how COVID has impacted faculty and to advocate on behalf of faculty. The Committee will not use faculty members’ names unless permission is granted. However, the committee may use examples from the statements. Please keep this in mind as you prepare statements.
If the number of applications exceeds the available funding, a lottery will be used to select who receives funding.
Please click here for access to the online application.
Contact: Kristie Tappan
- 1. Financial Plan – Budget Overview (2019-2020)
- 2. Comments from Previous FAR Fund Recipients: SOM | SOD, SON & SOP
- 3. Comments from Faculty Learning and Development Fund Recipients: SOD
- Funding, submission rules, eligibility criteria, and other requirements are subject to change for each Chancellor's Fund cycle.
- Be sure to review the website after every “Call for Applications” is launched to learn the updates and prepare your application accordingly.