COMMITTEE ON ACADEMIC PERSONNEL
Chair, Brian Alldredge, Pharm.D.
Monday, May 12, 2001
12:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Room S-30
I. Chair's Report:
II. Consistent Promotion Criteria: Consideration of on-going problems related to inconsistent application of criteria for promotion within Schools and across Departments.
- Lack of clear explanations (e.g., in Chairs’ letters and Deans’ responses) regarding reasons behind proposed Changes in Series.
III. Stewardship Reviews:
- Standardized procedures and format for transmitting information to Stewardship Review Committees and to CAP.
- Confirmation of selection process for Stewardship Review Committees.
- CAP input relative to final report.
- Confidentiality Issues.
IV. Clinician Scientist Task Force Report: CAP role and recommendations relative to implementation of recommendations in Clinician Scientist Task Force Report.
- Collaboration vs. Independence in review for promotion.
- Department letters for appointment packages: Inclusion of information regarding percent time expected to be spent in relevant activities (e.g., clinical, research, teaching, administrative.)
V. Incomplete Files (e.g., discontinuity between proposed appointments and promotions and letters supporting those actions, lack of faculty vote.)