Course Material has been divided into five "streams"
- Biomedical Sciences
- Dental Sciences
- Foundations of Restorative Science and Technology
- Patient-Centered Care
- Scientific Method and Clinical Dentistry
Each stream has unique challenges
- Biomedical Sciences - sequencing, pathophysiology course, elimination of unneeded material
- Dental Science - consolidation, sequencing
- Foundations of Restorative Science and Technology - sequencing
- Patient Centered Care - defining competencies and establishing outcomes assessment procedures, sequencing
- Scientific Method and Clinical Dentistry - a new course sequence to be installed where not previously existed
Making it all work together (vertical integration)
Progress has been made on each of the streams
Resource implications of the planning process
- Overall management - Associate Dean for Curriculum (Education)?
- FTE help within each of the streams (e.g., Human Pathophysiology course)
Detailed planning must await participation of individuals not yet appointed.